- Why Buy From Us
- Cellar Size - Approx. 2000 cu. ft. when the cellar is fully insulated and sealed with a proper vapor barrier (each wine cellar is unique and has specific cooling requirements; heat load calculations should always be performed prior to selecting a cooling unit)
- BTU/h Rating - The BTU/h value range shown here is a theoretical number. There are often circumstances under which a cellar design may require a larger unit due to variables not accounted for in the formula. For example, these variables could be building materials (such as glass, stone, concrete, etc.) that do not offer the insulation capacity required to maintain the optimal cellar environment. We recommend purchasing a unit with a larger capacity to compensate for these unaccounted-for variables. An undersized unit can lead to premature failure and will most likely prevent the cellar from reaching your desired temperature.
- ti @85°F condenser intake: 6131
- Self-Contained tiR @85°F condenser intake: 6131
- Fully-Ducted tiR @85°F condenser intake: 5760
- ti @85°F condenser intake: 6131
- Dimensions - 28″L x 14.25″W x 22.5″H
- Drain Line - ti: 1/2” ID tubing, tiR: 3/8″ ID tubing
- Reliable starting and running performance, even under the most extreme outdoor conditions
- 55°F temperature differential
- 3-speed fan switch
The Extreme Series was designed with easy installation in mind. The Extremes and the SC Series do not require an HVAC-R technician for installation. There are three different versions of our extreme units:
- Extreme tiR fully ducted (FD): This product is intended for fully ducted installations. Fully ducted units are for customers who don’t want to see their unit in the cellar. The duct plenums for the evaporator and condenser will be included with your purchase. This unit also comes with a KDT Plus remote controller and thermostat. The controller can be mounted outside the cellar, allowing you to monitor your cellar temperature without needing to enter. The controller can be mounted up to 50 feet away from the Extreme unit.
NOTE: If you are planning to place this unit in the attic and use ducting, please contact our sales team for pricing. You may not need ducting equipment for the condenser side of the system.
- Extreme tiR Self-Contained: This product is intended for through-the-wall installations. It is an “upgrade” to the Extreme ti because it uses the KDT Plus remote controller and thermostat. The duct plenums for the evaporator and condenser can be purchased separately. The controller can be mounted outside the cellar, allowing you to monitor your cellar temperature without needing to enter. The controller can be mounted up to 50 feet away from the Extreme unit.
NOTE: If this unit will be installed through an exterior wall, you will need to purchase exterior housing to protect the unit. If this unit will be installed through an interior wall, the hot air exhaust may be redirected to another location using the condenser ducting plenum kit.
- Extreme ti: This product functions in the same way as the tiR and is intended for through-the-wall installation. The difference between the ti and tiR is that the controller and display will be located on the front face of the unit. In order to monitor your cellar conditions, you will need to physically enter your cellar.
We get it. You've got a lot of choice when it comes to online retailers. Here's why we think you should shop with us at the Staycation HQ.
But first, you should definitely hear from our customers here.
- Free Shipping USA wide. No extra charges. Ever.
- Price Match Guarantee. Best prices online guaranteed.
- Great Service. We pride ourselves on the best service, anywhere.
- Your Satisfaction Guaranteed. We handpick our products for quality, we know you'll love them. But is there is ever something wrong, we'll fix it.
the product is very good and works smoothly without any noise. highly recommended
We recently purchased an Extreme Platinum 8000 unit … for our purpose-built 1,000 cu. ft. residential wine cellar, which is adjacent to our fully-vented garage. It was installed by your crew on April 12th, and after an initial adjustment to the Humidity Management Enhancement system, has performed flawlessly. It is so much quieter….During the past three weeks, we have been ably assisted and advised by Customer Service. They were very amiable, thoroughly knowledgeable, and very professional. I spoke with them almost daily for advice and guidance, and they have always been patient and very prompt in returning my calls. Also, the delivery/install crew leader was very knowledgeable and innovative, easily overcoming some installation problems.
The unit has been operational for 6+ months – just had our first serious heat wave (96 degrees) and the unit performed perfectly. Humidity stayed relatively high in medium settings, despite the heat and lack of humidity in the climate. The only hiccup was the initial shipment that failed to provide a bottle probe. Customer service and technical reps were excellent and got probed here immediately – the entire experience with the staff has been excellent. The product is capable of maintaining proper temperature and humidity in a very difficult climate using the through-the-wall installation.
Extreme 8000 ti. Easy to install, despite being heavy. Customer service is excellent. Adam was extremely helpful and Augustine expedited the shipment due to my wine room warming after the old cooler died. Overall I am completely satisfied and recommend them without reservation
I’ve had this unit for a couple of months now and it works flawlessly. Quiet, efficient, superb. No wonder given the quality level of Vinotheque and Whisperkool products. I have been using their products for over 4 years never had a problem. And, their customer service, in my experience, is second to none. I definitively recommend the company and its products.