- Why Buy From Us
PLEASE NOTE: WhisperKOOL does not provide a smart thermostat upon purchase of your Extreme tiR 5000. By selecting the 24V Thermostat Conversion Kit, you have acknowledged that the system will not be built with the standard WhisperKOOL control or liquid measuring bottle probe. You will have to source and purchase your own 24V smart thermostat to run the equipment. We do NOT provide technical support for smart thermostats.
- Cellar Size - Approx. 1250 cu. ft. when the cellar is fully insulated and sealed with a proper vapor barrier (each wine cellar is unique and has specific cooling requirements; heat load calculations should always be performed prior to selecting a cooling unit)
- BTU/h Rating - The BTU/h value shown here is a theoretical number. There are often circumstances under which a cellar design may require a larger unit due to variables not accounted for in the formula. For example, these variables could be building materials (such as glass, stone, concrete, etc.) which do not offer the insulation capacity required to maintain the optimal cellar environment. We recommend purchasing a unit with a larger capacity to compensate for these unaccounted-for variables. An undersized unit can lead to premature failure and will most likely prevent the cellar from reaching your desired temperature.
- ti @85°F condenser intake: 4126
- Self-Contained tiR @85°F condenser intake: 4126
- Fully-Ducted tiR @85°F condenser intake: 3794
- ti @85°F condenser intake: 4126
- Dimensions - 28″L x 14.25″W x 15.75″H
- Drain Line - ti: 1/2” ID tubing, tiR: 3/8″ ID tubing
- Reliable starting and running performance, even under the most extreme outdoor conditions
- Cooling unit can be located up to 25 ducted feet from the cellar
- Remote digital display with 50-ft. cable
- Standard and 24V thermostat options available
- 55°F temperature differential
- Quiet operation technology delivers sound levels as low as 51 db
- Variable-speed fans
The Extreme tiR 5000 was designed with easy installation in mind. The Extremes and the SC Series do not require an HVAC-R technician for installation. There are three different versions of our extreme units:
- Extreme tiR fully ducted (FD): This product is intended for fully ducted installations. Fully ducted units are for customers who don’t want to see their unit in the cellar. The duct plenums for the evaporator and condenser will be included with your purchase. This unit also comes with a KDT Plus remote controller and thermostat. The controller can be mounted outside the cellar, allowing you to monitor your cellar temperature without needing to enter. The controller can be mounted up to 50 feet away from the Extreme unit.
NOTE: If you are planning to place this unit in the attic and use ducting, please contact our sales team for pricing. You may not need ducting equipment for the condenser side of the system.
- Extreme tiR Self-Contained: This product is intended for through-the-wall installations. It is an “upgrade” to the Extreme ti because it uses the KDT Plus remote controller and thermostat. The duct plenums for the evaporator and condenser can be purchased separately. The controller can be mounted outside the cellar, allowing you to monitor your cellar temperature without needing to enter. The controller can be mounted up to 50 feet away from the Extreme unit.
NOTE: If this unit will be installed through an exterior wall, you will need to purchase exterior housing to protect the unit. If this unit will be installed through an interior wall, the hot air exhaust may be redirected to another location using the condenser ducting plenum kit.
- Extreme ti: This product functions in the same way as the tiR and is intended for through-the-wall installation. The difference between the ti and tiR is that the controller and display will be located on the front face of the unit. In order to monitor your cellar conditions, you will need to physically enter your cellar.
We get it. You've got a lot of choice when it comes to online retailers. Here's why we think you should shop with us at the Staycation HQ.
But first, you should definitely hear from our customers here.
- Free Shipping USA wide. No extra charges. Ever.
- Price Match Guarantee. Best prices online guaranteed.
- Great Service. We pride ourselves on the best service, anywhere.
- Your Satisfaction Guaranteed. We handpick our products for quality, we know you'll love them. But is there is ever something wrong, we'll fix it.
I’ve had a custom walk-in cellar cooled by a Vinotheque 3000 XLT unit for over 10 years. but now I m happy with the WHISPERKOOL EXTREME TIR 5000
I’ve had this unit for a couple of months now and it works flawlessly. Quiet, efficient, superb. No wonder given the quality level of Vinotheque and Whisperkool products. I have been using their products for over 3 years never had a problem. And, their customer service, in my experience, is second to none. I definitively recommend the company and its products.
No product, no matter how good, is any better than the service that backs it up. I’ve read all sorts of horror stories about poor service for wine cellar cooling units. My recommendation is to look no further than WhisperKOOL — great cooling units and even better customer service.
I have collected about 600 bottles and the temperature is staying at 55 degrees in my garage cellar. During the summer, temperatures can reach over 100 outside, with 95% humidity. I made sure to build the cellar with good insulation and a vapor barrier. The Extreme hasn’t missed a beat. I’ll let you know how it goes after another hot summer
I recently replaced my old WK4200 XLT with the Extreme 5000ti. My cellar is well insulated and holds 1200 bottles. Upon start-up, the temperature was 68 degrees and in less than 48 hours it reached the set point of 55 degrees. I am truly impressed and pleased that I was talked into upgrading to this machine!